The Newsroom contains judicial news, legislative updates, and archives of The Verdict, a newsletter produced for Kansas Municipal Judges with information on topics pertinent to the judicial process.
- (May 28) Supreme Court News: Suspended time requirements.
- (Mar 31) Supreme Court News: Reinstatement of time limits.
- (Feb 26) Supreme Court News: Plan to reinstate time limits.
- (Jan 26) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time
- (Jan 11) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time
- (Jan 8) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time.
- 2019 BELOW:
- (Dec 15) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time.
- (Dec 7) Proposed Amendments to CJE Rules 501 and 502
- (Dec 1) Supreme Court News: Updated Covid-19 Policies
- (Nov 13) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time.
- (Oct 14) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time.
- (Sept 16) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time .
- (Aug 3) Supreme Court News: Extending suspension of time.
- (July 24) Supreme Court News: Update on plan to reinstate time limitations and deadlines
- (July 1) Supreme Court News: Chief justice announces plan to reinstate time limitations and deadlines for court proceedings
- (June 17) Kansas Judicial Branch News: Chief justice announces new administrative orders regarding safe operation of courts
- (May 28) Supreme Court News: Chief justice issues five administrative orders affecting court operations during pandemic
- (May 28) National Judicial College Offers CLE Webinars: NJC Approved Webinars
- Annual Business Meeting: May 26, 2020 at 9:00 am via Zoom:
- 2020 Judge’s Conference: Cancellation Notice
- Dec 9 – Supreme Court CLE Listing
- CLE: National Judicial College – click for a PDF list and instructions. Here is a link directly to NJC course listing and registration. Options include:
- Feb 18 – State Constitutions (1.5 CLE)
- Dec 2 – Human Trafficking(1.5 CLE)
- Sept 23 – Commercial Drivers(1.5 CLE)
- Sept 22 – Effective Communication(1.5 CLE)
- Sept 15 – Writing Skills (1.5 CLE)
- Sept 10 – Domestic Violence(1.5 CLE)
- Sept 3 – Judicial Security (1.5 CLE)
- Sept 1 – Discretion and Contempt (1.5 CLE)
- Aug 28 – Sentencing (1.5 CLE)
- Aug 25 – Self Represented Litigants (1.5 CLE)
- Aug 19 – Access to Justice in Impaired Driving (1.5 CLE)
- Other CLE
- Aug 14 Judge’s Assistance Committee & KS Lawyers Assistance Program. (Webinar)
- July 8 Campaign conduct, social media, and judges (Webinar)
- National Judicial College Approved Webinars
- Aug 19 Access to Justice in Impaired Driving Cases – Costs of Pre-Trial Conditions (Webcast)
- Aug 27 How Judges Should Use Their State Constitutions (Webcast)
- Webinar 1: The Legalization of Marijuana and its Impact on Traffic Cases (1.5 CLE/CJE hours, April 27 10:30–11:45 a.m.)
- Webinar 2: Search and Seizure in Impaired Driving Cases: It All Begins With a Stop (1.5 CLE/CJE hours, April 27 1:00–2:15 p.m.)
- Ethics CLE Legal Ethics & Trial Publicity (Thursday, April 30 Noon – 1:00 p.m.)
- Webinar 3: Court hearings by Video-Conference (Monday, May 18 1:30-2:45 p.m.)
OTHER COVID-RELATED INFO
- KMJA Executive Board Guidance
- Supreme Court Documents
- Supreme Court Letter to Municipal Court Judges (4/16/20)
- 2020-PR-015 – Court Restrictions
- 2020-PR-016 –
Judiciary Restricted Operations(see 32)
- 2020-PR-024 – Protection from Abuse & Stalking
- 2020-PR-031 –
Suspending Timelines & Deadlines(see 36)
- 2020-PR-032 – Amending 2020-PR-16
- 2020-RL-033 – Modifying CLE Limitations
- 2020-RL-034 – Modifying CLE Deadline
- 2020-RL-035 – Annual Attorney Registration Fee
- 2020-PR-036 –
Expanding 2020-PR-031(see 44)
- 2020-PR-044 –
Reissuing 2020-PR-36(see 76)
- 2020-PR-055 – Renews suspension of certain deadlines
- 2020-PR-056 – Phone & videoconference hearings
- 2020-PR-057 – Speedy trial
- 2020-PR-058 – Statute of limitations
- 2020-PR-075 – Extending deadlines
- 2020-PR-076 – Court capacity and distancing